Eegah

Go down

Eegah

Post  BoG on Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:03 pm

An early starring role for Richard Kiel (villain Jaws in The Spy Who Loved Me) as a tall caveman skulking about in the desert. Star Arch Hall Jr. plays a local young dude who, with his girlfriend, runs across the caveman. Laborous. BoG's Score: 2 out of 10  Arrow  this was one of those films featured as an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000.
Seven-foot-plus Kiel had appeared on screen before, as the dog-faced monster from Phantom Planet, but his role as Eegah finally allowed him to show his face. He's surprisingly good in a film that's otherwise worthwhile only for sneers and chuckles. I couldn't help caring about him, and I couldn 't help noticing some chemistry (if slight) between him and the teenage gal for whom he longs. But of course no one rents a movie called "Eegah" for serious drama . The big fun comes from watching the flat performances, listening to the sophomoric dialogue, blinking confusedly at the choppy direction. It's even got a scene at Bronson Caverns . It must have been hot when they filmed it, because the actors are red-faced and sweaty.

Goldweber, David Elroy (2012-06-14). Claws & Saucers: Science Fiction, Horror, and Fantasy Film: A Complete Guide: 1902-1982 (Kindle Locations 23599-23613). David E. Goldweber. Kindle Edition.

BoG
Galaxy Overlord
Galactus
Galaxy Overlord  Galactus

http://bogscifi.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum