Episode #35, segment 2 - The Girl I Married

Go down

Episode #35, segment 2 - The Girl I Married

Post  BoG on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:08 pm

#35b: THE GIRL I MARRIED (episode #11 of 2nd season)
written by J.M. DeMatteis  Like a Star @ heaven  Directed by Philip DeGuere

A middle-aged couple (James Whitmore Jr. and Linda Kelsey) are yuppies caught up in the eighties corporate existence and they used to be free-living hippies in their younger days. The husband keeps mooning over a photo of his wife as she used to be; one day, he runs across her - his wife as she used to be. They make passionate love. It's an odd situation: the man is cheating on his wife, by sleeping with the same wife as she was a couple of decades ago. Groovy, huh? When the time for confrontation arrives, though - you guessed it - the elder wife has also been having a fling with a younger version of the hubby.

This turns out to be some kind of message episode demystifying both the sixties and the eighties. It's an old message, you can't go home again, you can't relive your younger days and so on. The sixties may have seemed terrific if looking back with rose-colored glasses, but there was also a severe lack of responsibility. As for the eighties, one still has time to make changes; you're not stuck. It's all a rather transparent and fluffy little fantasy. It's also somewhat nonsensical - there's no reason for these younger versions to have materialized unless it's some acid trip or the couple has psychokinetic powers. Whatev. BoG's Score: 5 out of 10
BoG
Galaxy Overlord
Galactus
Galaxy Overlord  Galactus

http://bogscifi.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down