The Bat People (1974)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bat People (1974)

Post  BoG on Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:13 pm

I haven't seen this yet but I realized that Stewart Moss, the actor who plays the character of John Beck (the central character), guest-starred in the very early Star Trek Episode, The Naked Time. I... dunno anything about it other than that trivia. It's probably poor, but I'm curious about it now...   Question It's also interesting that another film about bats - Chosen Survivors - was released in the same year.

EDIT: finally watched this ON Demand - it's not as bad as I figured it would be. The 1st half is kind of hokey and slow, but it goes into faintly interesting directions as I wondered how the bitten hero would end up. There's no explanation for why he mutates from a simple bat bite. To be honest, it's still slow in the 2nd half, but there are some slightly offbeat plot twists, such as the sheriff putting the moves on the hero's wife. BoG's Score: 3.5 out of 10

Star Trek TOS actor alert: And also just noted that Paul Carr has a role in this as the doctor - he was in the Star Trek TOS pilot episode. And, Michael Pataki - from The Trouble With Tribbles - co-stars here as the sheriff.  It's a Trek actor reunion.  Exclamation  Exclamation

a.k.a. It Lives by Night: (as satirized on MST3K)

BoG
Galaxy Overlord
Galactus
Galaxy Overlord  Galactus

http://bogscifi.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top